An Emmy for the first sitcom character with Asperger’s: The Big Bang Theory’s Sheldon Cooper.: “The 2010 Emmy for lead actor in a comedy went to Jim Parsons, who plays Dr. Sheldon Cooper in The Big Bang Theory, the popular CBS sitcom. (It was the only award for the series.) In 2009, Paul Collins took a close look at Sheldon’s hilarious, geeky, gawky character and argued that although the series never describes him as such, Sheldon is the first sitcom star to have Asperger’s syndrome. The article is reprinted below. (Via Slate Magazine.)
Some of the more prominent and/or interesting Sheldon Cooper and “Big Bang Theory” sites…
- The Big Bang Theory on CBS.com.
- The Big Bang Theory TV Fan Wiki – The Big Bang Theory TV Fan Wiki.
- The Big Bang Theory Site (not official)
- The Big Blog Theory – looks at the science behind what goes on in the episodes
- The Big Bang Theory – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Sheldon Cooper – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Jim Parsons/Sheldon Cooper Fans.
- Sheldon Cooper Fan Club | Fansite with photos, videos, and more.
- Sheldonfan.com — First Stop for True Sheldon Cooper Fans!.
- SheldonShirts.com – wonderful – gives links to places to purchase many of the t-shirts worn by Sheldon & Leonard