Written by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn in 1945, this song is – according to Wikipedia – one of the biggest sellers of all time. Another fun fact: “Frank Sinatra’s performance of the song was the 25,000,000th download from Apple’s online music service iTunes”…
Ol’ Blue Eyes… eh. I like this Rat Pack version better:
And in fact the Rat Pack released a whole album of holiday standards: Christmas With The Rat Pack. It includes the Dean Martin version, but not the Sinatra – which can be found on various collections and on Christmas Songs By Sinatra.
And of course, the Crooner’s got a version too: Bing Crosby, “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow.”
My reason for picking this as one of my “Songs of the Season” and posting it early on? Simple – I really would like a “White Christmas” (though maybe via a trip to the snow rather than freak weather in the City) – consider this my prayer to the Snow Demons, a la Calvin.
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Christmas With The Rat Pack – Amazon.com
- The Rat Pack – Christmas With The Rat Pack (download torrent) – TPB
- Christmas Songs By Sinatra – Amazon.com
- Sinatra, Frank (2004) – Christmas Classics (192VBR256JS) (download torrent) – TPB