Admiral Fallow’s 2nd album Tree Bursts in Snow, their much anticipated follow up to Boots Met My Face, will be released worldwide on Nettwork on May 21, 2012.
The album features 10 new tracks, including “Beetle In The Box,” “Guest Of The Government” and the new single, “The Paper Trench.” It was produced by Paul Savage at Chem 19 and mastered by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound, NYC and has stunning artwork by artist Kezia Ruth Merrick.
The first single off the album, “Beetle in the Box,” has been available for a while, but it has just started receiving significant airplay. And it rewards repeated listening. It’s very much in the vein of the more contemplative, lyrically intense chamber pop of their first album in songs like “Dead Against Smoking” and “Subbuteo”:
An MP3 of the track is currently available free on Amazon.com
(And you can also pick up an MP3 copy of their first album if you haven’t got it already.)
“Guest of the Government” is more raucous and high-energy, more in the mode of “Squealing Pigs” off the first album. Here it is live from their sold out gig at ABC in Glasgow in late January:
You can also here three tracks over at DayTrotter, including “Beetle.” These are intimate acoustic recordings and absolutely brilliant.
If like me you can’t wait to wrap your ears around the new album, you can PRE-ORDER a copy from the band’s web site store now and get some extra special goodies thrown in with it when it is released.
- Admiral Fallow | Official Website.
- Admiral Fallow – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Admiral Fallow’s New Track “Beetle In The Box” Debuts On BBC Radio 1 | Nettwerk Press Blog.
- Admiral Fallow – Free listening, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm.
- The Pop Cop names Boots Met My Face one of 10 best albums of 2010
- Linn Records – Boots Met My Face – album in a variety of digital formats